A new journey of a writer could not have been possible without some guidance from The BlogChatter. The creative writing program is what every writer needs to be sure of the creative process.
Creative writing is not a natural progression to blogging, but it can be so, if you bring in the right kind of people to guide you of the path they have already walked on.
What was the purpose of this creative writing program with The BlogChatter?
- To help writers capitalize on their ideas of writing
- To structure the book by developing interesting plots
- To develop the characters
What was the process?
- In today’s digitally advanced world we were blessed to have our creative writing mentors on IG live or FB live.
- Anand Neelkantan, Chitra Divakarun, Dipankar Banerjee, Samarpita, Posham Pa,Kanchana Banerjee, Kiran Manral, Saumick Pal were the mentors and we were glad to ask them questions for strengthning our creative writing process.
Take away from The Creative Writing E-Course?
- Creative writing is more about flow, one can not restrict it. We can condition most of it with the data available and research. Authenticity of creative material entirely depends on the data on which the author relies so, going ahead if there are any facts which need to be put in the book, research is necessary
- Character development should happen in due course of time. One can not completely develop a character based on some ideas. The character has to live on in the mind of the author and the author has to bring it on paper.
- The tone of the character can be defined with words. The best way to set the correct tone is to read the dialogues out. This was one of the best methods of setting up the tone of the character in the book.
- If the book is based on Mythology then, it is necessary to back it up with necessary research also bringing in all the rasas from natyashastra would make it a complete package.
- Self publishing and marketing are the toughest tasks that we have at hand as authors but those can be handled by smartly sharing on social media.
- Sharing the excerpt, graphics on social media so that people get aware of the book is always welcome. One needs to check out whether the posts are getting repetitive.
These were our take aways from the Creative Writing E-Course. Hope to learn more.
Ramya is a diligent mother. She has two school going kids and she is a working woman too. The school usually communicates with her through emails and also through WhatsApp. But sometimes it so happens that in the day’s business, she misses many messages that float across the email and messenger service. Slowly she started getting written messages from the school administration asking for an explanation about not completing some well informed stipulated activities for the children. She was speechless and was in a deep shock of missing such a piece of valuable information from the school.
Ramya was a techie and missing the emails from school was something which she could not have imagined. She was very careful in checking messages that float every day.
But when she checked her email account, all the emails from the school had gone to the spam folder. With WhatsApp, it was a different story. Parents from the school group were interested in discussing the upcoming luncheon party than sharing this important information.
This can happen to any of us. In today’s fast paced life which is overloaded with unnecessary information, it would be great to have one source of information which is authentic and is delivered on time. ONNE has realized this and has brought you a simple and effective app for all your school communication-related issues.
ONNE is not a regular chatting app. It has its own management system in place so that you get the most updated information at one place at the right time. It reduces the chances of missing any of the messages.
Let us look at the features that ONNE offers:
From a parent’s point of view, getting the attendance reports every month would certainly be a great thing. ONNE enables you to see the reports as they are posted on the apps.
Leave Application Form:
Online application form through an app is quite a revolution. Say bye bye to the clumsy paper notes and welcome ONNE – Leave application form.
Sharing exam schedules on the app is one of the best features. You can track the exam dates effortlessly with this feature.
Having a timetable on your phone is so easy. You can fill in the books one day earlier just checking in the app.
One on one messaging:
Just because ONNE is not a regular chatting app, doesn’t mean it does not allow one to one messaging. It does allow and is a very efficient messenger.
With ONNE you can share photos, videos and important documents.
Sending alerts and invites and receiving event RSVPs is easy with ONNE.
One of the most important features for nurseries and small scale education institutions. Daily reports of your child help you to understand whether the child is getting used to the new environment of the school. These reports you can get on ONNE. One can also receive progress cards through ONNE app.
Fee Reminders and Collection:
Fee collection reminders are mostly lost in the ocean of emails and messages that we receive on an everyday basis. ONNE manages the fee reminders and you can also pay through the app.
What is in it for schools?
Sending updates is now easy, the school admins could actually save a lot of time which would otherwise be spent in writing every child’s diary. Printing paper and distributing the messages is not needed as everything is there on the app.
Sharing children’s progress, report cards and timetables would be super easy as it can all be done on the app. There is tremendous ease of use with the app. Admins can opt to send messages to an individual or the group of the class. The payment reminders can be sent to school and admins can easily track the incoming and missed payments for effective follow-ups.
The ONNE app is the blessing for school administrators as they can schedule posts, messages, and memos in case of any event. The app also enables the recipients to send the feedback as well as RSVP.
Do you know 73% of apps are deleted by users for reasons such as more loading time, non-functionality and various user experience issues? ONNE app can be customized as per your requirement. The details of the download are as follows
Never miss any message from your child’s school – ONNE is here
Note: blog post was sponsored by https://onne.world/mobile-app-for-schools
a platform to connect parents to schools and much more.
It was my first time to review any book personally received from the Author, here, in this case, Saumick Pal. I was thrilled to read the book. Silver Hair Sins is the first ever Visual Fiction book released in India and I am grateful to have read it before many others.
Why did I like the book?
- The book consists of 150 odd pages which is an easy read. Conveying the whole concept of AI as a religion in just 150 pages is no joke. Write has conveyed it very effectively without messing up with the language.
- Language is easy and crystal clear which shows the merit of extra proofreading work that has gone in before publishing.
- The writer takes the reader along with his thought process through his words and pictures.
- Out of the box thinking in portraying the characters and the situation the characters are in.
- Visual fiction works in favor of the author in Silver Hair Sins as it conveys the story in appealing pictures.
What Could have been added :
- All pictures could have been in color. The gray color looks jarring and very monotonous.
- The font could have been better. I am not sure which font could have been used but I felt it can be changed.
Overall I loved the book for its simple yet crisp narration and an out of the world plot.
My rating 4/5
Thank you Saumick for the read, I enjoyed it.
This review has been done as part of the Blogchatter Book Review Program
The “other” man
Hers was a love marriage. Radha married Rence after a long struggle with parents and society. They were living independently all by each other’s support. They had a baby and everything was just picture perfect. Until the storm hit her by when she found that her husband was bisexual. She didn’t want to hear about ‘the other man’ in her life but she knew clearly that other man meant life for her husband.
She was unable to tell anyone about this and parents were long left behind. She loved him and he loved her too. She was hurt deep down and frustrated. But she felt that at least he was being honest to her.
Days passed on and for the unconditional love she had for him, she accepted the tough fact about him. She hugged him and said,’ I love you and that is more important for me’. He also hugged her.
Tears rolled down her eyes when he took her close and gradually she started crying out her heart out to vent it out.
She shouted loudly only to wake up and reach for the button to the lampshade. She gasped. She looked at him who was in deep sleep. The lamp lighted up his face. He was very much there. Calm cuddled with the blanket and yes with his All MANLY looks.
Getting more visitors on the blog should be the first aim of any blogger. The main aim of the blog is to reach to as many people as you can. And with social media that is absolutely possible. But creating blog posts applicable to all social media platform is still a trivial aspect of blogging. I am sure you would agree. So what are some things which needs to be thought about before conceptualising the blog post?
Identify your niche
Identify your niche and writing about it is the first step towards the successful blog. On Facebook, these type of posts in series garner more attention, as you are giving information about a specific topic.
Write Topics in Series
You can deduce a timeline. May be 8 posts or 10 posts of 500 words. This would help being relevant to the topic and people can find similar posts together.
Write helpful posts
Your posts should be insightful and should elaborate on something which people can try. In short create posts which are helpful to others.
Detailed and Data Centric Approach
It is easy to write something based on data. Posts which you write should be based on data and should be detailed. Doing research before writing a post would help multi folds.
Underline or Italicise important points
This is more of a formatting tip but goes a long way to enhance the reading experience. Underlining, quoting or Italicising will help your readers skim through the content when they are in hurry.
Write Content Outline if the post is too long
Having a content outline is a must if your content is too long. Your readers should be able to hop onto the content that they want to read.
For great content, it is highly necessary to keep it crisp and clear. Hope these tips will help you. In the next post, we should see about how detailed a post should be…