Well, Corona Virus is here and we are all home bound. There is a scare all over the world and we can not do much about it other than just being. Hope this all subsides soon.But as we deal with this pandemic, are our kitchens ready to provide us what we need the most? Food and Nutrition? In Chennai, this is the second time in the last 10 years that we are facing such situation. 2017 floods also bring back some scary memories. What did we do then? We did keep a stock of many important items which lasted for a week.
All schools have been closed for 15 days, so this time is surely going to last for couple of weeks. I have been instrumental in informing people to work out no matter what. It relieves any additional stress that may occur as a result of being constantly under a threat or a scare. There are many free, without equipment workouts which every one of us can try. Also, for people who have been working out and eating for weight loss, it is important not to leave the guard under stress. Because, it is very easy to succumb to the situation and embrace the junk food lifestyle. For being fit and healthy, all you need is to plan a bit ahead of the emergency situation. Here is how to stock your pantry.
- Non Perishable Items
- It is important to stock non perishables items like Rice, Wheat ( Wheat Flour), Legumes and Pulses.
- Sugar ( Palm Jagger, Country Sugar), Salt ( Rock Salt, Pink Salt, Himalayan Salt)
- Tea/ Coffee and other health drinks
- MILK POWDER ( Just because you do not know how many days it is going to last)
- Vegetables and Fruits
- Frozen Food
- It is better to stock up some berries and frozen fruits. In times of distress frozen fruits would come handy.
- Medical Supplies
- On the counter cough syrups
- Pain Balms
- Sanitary Pads
- Sanitizing and Cleaning Materials
- Toilet Cleaners
- Kitchen cleaners/ Dishwashing liquids
While stocking up it is extremely important to NOT TO HOARD. Just get your essential supplies. Do not sabotage your weight loss effort. At the same time, it is important to act responsibly. Responsibility Towards Your Efforts/ Responsibility towards society and fellow humans.