As you all know I have been an ardent fan of Jillian Michaels who is a fitness Guru and I love all her workouts. But it has been 5 years that I have been working out with her and needed a change. Recently, there were some YouTube videos from Les Mills Body Combat and they were named as Body Combat Invincible. After some days of trials I tried Les Mills On Demand App
It was a 28-day workout schedule which I followed. I was pleasantly surprised with their set up. The results were apparent and I was happy that I am doing justice to those 30 or 40 mins of workout that I do every day pretty much like Jillian’s workouts. Jillian is a no-nonsense trainer. She does not believe in “Phoning it in” when you are working out. She says when you are training with me you better mean ” BUSINESS”. I was used to such bullying 😉 by her and then I found a bunch of people who happily workout like any professional athlete. I tried their app for 14 days and here is a review.
Who is Les Mills?
Leslie Roy Mills is a retired New Zealand track and field athlete and politician. He was an Olympian for two decades. In 1968 he opened his first gym called Les Mills International. Three generations on, now there are millions of people who workout with Les Mills every single day. They have a global tribe of 140,000 instructors and 20,000 facilities across the world. Now they have Les Mills On Demand App which is used by millions of people across the world.
What is included in Les Mills On Demand App?
Home workouts have been my favourites in the fitness journey. Out of the last 12 years which I spent pursuing fitness, the first 5 were spent in Gym. and the next five I have worked out at home. Yes!! Simply worked out at my place, at my leisure and time that I feel like working out. How cool is that?
The journey of fitness is something to enjoy and not to feel punished.
Les Mills has classes with certified instructors ( not in Chennai though). Les Mills On Demand app is just like they are training us live.
Les Mills’ concept of workout is “More Reps, Less Weight” for more impact.
Reps meaning – Repetition. More the repetition more would be the impact of the workout. But if you do not have weights, they also have body weight training, step workouts, resistance, HIIT, Strength Training, Martial Arts, and even Dance. This variety made me feel so comfortable with their 3 months plan.
Names Of Other Workouts Available On Les Mills On demand App:
- Body Attack – High-Intensity Interval Training
- One of my favourite workout which is based on body weight. There are options such as 30 min, 45 min and 55 min workouts.
- The workouts include Squats, Lunges, Jumping Jacks, High knees, Burpees and Core Work
- Body Combat – Kickboxing and other martial arts included
- All types of combat stances divided as per upper and lower body. Muay thai, Karate, Tai Chi, Tae Kwando and Others.
- Body Pump – Strength training and conditioning with barbells
- The best part of body pump workouts is that you can use dumbells and other variations too
- A complete tone and shred format you can choose the options such as 30 min, 45 min and 55 min workouts.
- Body Step – HIIT workout with stepper
- Working out on step is fun. Who does not want to have all the benefit of exercise with some fun.
- Includes squats, lunges, straddles, burpees and all core workouts
- RPM – If you have a stationary cycle, RPM is the way to go
- This workout is great if you have any stationary workout machine. Not sure how does it work on the treadmill but I have a Max Trainer and it works fantastically well with it. You may burn approximately 350 calories per session.
- CXWORKS – A lot of floor work along with a resistance tube.
- Core workouts with resistance bands is all about CX works.
- GRIT – Combination of Strength, Cardio, Plyo, HIIT workouts
- The toughest and the meanest workout type on Les Mills On Demand App. Grit is available in two types. Grit strength and Grit Cardio. Both workouts are not more than 30 minutes but are the toughest.
- Shaabam – Workout with Dance
- Bodyflow – Combination of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates for stronger core
- Best workout for core strengthening and toning
- I love the background and peaceful coaches without any hurry.
- Bodybalance- Combination of Yoga, Tai Chi for getting the perfect mind body balance.
They also have some pre-made workout plans to get max out of the workouts. I would be trying Amplify – Burn this week just to assess the intensity. These workouts are divided into beginners, medium intensity and high intensity. If you have no idea about workouts, you can check their Getting Started Videos which come handy to learn the specific moves.
In one single workout of 55 minutes you can burn around 700 calories.
What about results?
Well, if done consistently, you will say bye to that bulging stomach, love handles and get in shape before you even know it. As an ardent fitness lover and seeker, I give Les Mills On Demand App 4.5/5.
Let me know if you liked it.
You can try their body combat workouts free on YouTube here