Today it is 23rd December 2019. Well, 23 days of the New year have already passed and I found I was lagging behind many of my resolutions/plans which I made on Day 1. My resolution list, well, is a big one. Refer to one of the posts http://www.the5ammommy.com/dr-feelgood-planning-tweak-food-habits-2019/
Yes! When you are a blogger every thought manifests itself into a blog. Not to mention that my resolution list is still being populated till date. All said and done. A list of resolutions is ready. Check. The blogs are written, shared and commented on. Check. And yes diaries are scribbled every day. Check. Suddenly a few days of Gap. Of course! Who wants the same routine every day? Well, you may be having a routine but then for how long? I often wonder why can’t I stick to the same routine every day? Am I the only one who is suffering from this disorder? Or you accompany me on this trait? Well, suddenly a date pops for which I dread every month. Why?
Well, you guessed it right! The Credit card and other dues are scheduled for this date. We buy happiness all month by the simple swipe of this card. And yes it has to get rewarded for the work it does for us. Like an Aladin to his Master or a Jeanie in the bottle. And like the dreamy master, I went into the imaginary world of mine where I had superpowers. Yes! You heard it right. Superpowers. Every mom has superpowers. But I wish I had a few more. Read it on here.
To speak less:- Sounds simple right? But for a social person, for an entrepreneur and above all for a WIFE like me, it is massive to keep quiet. Hope a little practice and experience makes the job magical for me. I wish to imbibe this habit in this new year and still get the same satisfaction of my jabber. After all, talking to someone is a medicine for me. This is a long pending thing, I am trying to achieve. Wish me success, then!
To understand others than to judge them:- The latter comes easily to me. I often fail to understand that all people are different and so are their needs. Maybe I understand the same but I fail to accept. The mantra of the successful relationship lies in understanding people and reasoning out their behavior. I am not a pro at it. But I surely need to master this superpower as I deal with a lot of people, day in and day out.
To eat sweets and still maintain my weight:– I am a lover of sweets. I am equally health conscious and also a fitness freak, but for the sweet tooth. I wish I had the talent to gorge on sweets (at least once a day) and still have a great metabolism which makes me shine and glow.
Counting calories without any gadget:- Won’t it be superterrestrial power to count calories hassle free? After all none of the apps work great for Indian Food. It is very depressing to count everything you eat. I wish I had that consciousness.
Grab some more love and Time for my own self:- As a mother, as a wife, and as many other relations we often tend to forget our own self, our needs. I love to get some time for myself. Let it be a cup of tea in my solitude or a walk with my thoughts, I wish I get that rejuvenation more often than I get it now.
Mint money by writing a lot of blogs:– Blog writing is something very dear to my heart. How I wish I get this done in this year and I shall. Amen!
Suddenly I saw my dog was waiting for its walk and the daughter dearest was asking me to sing the rhyme. I got up from my meditation at imaginary superpowered self and held the leash in my hand. Mommy Diaries.
Image credits:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxC_yWQjMfQ
For a blogger, for a storyteller and for a wife of a travel aspirant you got to find new places which in true sense quenches the wanderlust. Let me surprise my husband with the resolutions this year which surprisingly I have made. I have automobile phobia, which makes me sick of travel. This year I resolve to travel more often by public transport rather than the private one. Keeping in mind I have made plans to visit some relatives, some friends through our travel diaries. I also plan to secretly take a bag pack someday in the early morning and start to a place which is not thought of and planned for. This is tricky for the mom of two( A man-cub and a furry bud) but I am thrilled by the idea.
Travel for us (my husband and me) means traveling with our not yet two-year-old offspring and the furry buddy. So planning well is the most important aspect of our travel. We have to plan well before any step into the wanderland. I resolve to take tours with family in the coming year and one trip would be with our close friends. Afterall what is life without your dearest people?
Once a year go someplace you have never been before-Dalai Lama
So without wasting any further time, I would like to share the travel destinations for us this year.
- Vellore:- The place is at a distance of 140 km from Chennai, India. We plan to visit our relatives here. A visit to Vellore is incomplete without visiting the famous Golden Temple, and Narayani Temple. A 16th-century site Vellore fort is also enticing me to visit. You should know that the fort houses Jalakandeswarar temple which is devoted to Lord Shiva. The fort is a site which is controlled by the Archaeological Survey of India. Hope to enjoy this tour with the warmth of our kith and kins.
- Kancheepuram:- If you are in love with the Indian attire SILK SAREES, then Kancheepuram district which is at 75 km from Chennai, India is a place you should visit. Visit Goddess Kamakshi Amman temple and the famous Varadharaj Perumal Temple. We wish to cover the Ekambareshwar temple and also the Shri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham to seek the blessings of Shri Shankaracharya during our tour here. Lots of shopping is the only plan here.
- Madurai:- Madurai is on my list for its famous “Meenakshi Ammal Temple”. After Madurai, I plan to visit Sri Velliputtur. Sri Velliputtur houses a beautiful temple which is dedicated to one of the main saints of Lord Vishnu- Saint Andal. If you are an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu then the visit to this temple is indeed a must.
- Tanjore:– I am eagerly waiting to visit the Brihadeeswara Temple which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its architectural excellence. Tanjore or Thanjavur is famous for beautiful Tanjore paintings. It is a South style of painting. Many times we also see Gold paintings which give Royal and rich look. These paintings are a must have for every art lover.
- Sri Rameswaram:-This place houses one of the main Shiva Jyotirlingas. This place is of sacred importance to me and so I wish to visit this place. The beachside place which is best suited for spiritual progress. Pamban Bridge, Dhanushkodi Bridge, Rama Setu, Kalam National Memorial, and his burial place are some other main attractions which are on my list this year.
You may call this plan a temple run and it is, of course!
As much as every new year rings in the happy and positive bells, one seems to be bogged down by the heavier words like “resolutions”, new goals, and much more especially post the New year’s Lunch. At this time, around 1 o’ clock you realise, that you haven’t exercised as planned! Thanks! To the late night celebration and yes, you have negotiated somehow with your not healthy lunch versus the planned recipes of “No-oil” cooking. After the huge trail of “Happy new year” wishes on WhatsApp, “oops”, now you are flooded with “stickers”, you get super tensed with the status updates of your friends who have had a great run the same morning and adding to the hurt you also witness FB story of the same.
Like every year, I took to a food resolution and also wrote a blog about my resolutions. I followed someone diligently who wrote, “when you declare your goals, you stay committed”! All this and more went through my mind over the lunch on the New Year’s day when I was fiddling with food and overtly didn’t follow my first resolution of “Mindful Eating”.
I washed my hands and then thought “Why to resolve when you can tweak a bit? Easy right? And doable too! No more feeling guilty of not sticking to those No. 1 and No.2. After all, we are all humans”. Yes! I convinced myself on this and I took to this new blog.
So here I go on my new improvisations with my food habits for this year:-
Mindful eating:- In this life of an instant cup of noodles, it is really impossible to eat mindfully. If I do that, I would be a monk! I have decided to eat my meals without my mobile phone.
Intermittent fasting:- To avoid shouting and screaming, on becoming hangry, I have decided to schedule my fast when others and I sleep or are busy with some work. Eg:- 10 pm-12 noon.This sails smooth.
Amping up the Hb, Vit D, and Calcium levels:– Well, a cup of yogurt is great to go against a glassful of milk as I hate the latter. Vit D is worked upon by regular Beach workouts(Yay, nothing is as cool as drifting in the sunlight and sipping on,” ahem ahem”)Just a song I remembered.
Eating Sweets Guiltfree:– Wow! My favorite resolution but can be adhered to once a week only.
Keep Hydrated:- Drinking a glass of water when I feel hungry. Mostly our hunger pangs are thirst signals. The reason we get confused is that both these senses are very close by.
What are your resolutions? And how do you stick to them?
“This blog train is hosted by www.prernawahi.com, www.vartikasdiary.com, and www.mothersgurukul.com, sponsored by Pandora’s Box and Recipe Dabba