For a blogger, for a storyteller and for a wife of a travel aspirant you got to find new places which in true sense quenches the wanderlust. Let me surprise my husband with the resolutions this year which surprisingly I have made. I have automobile phobia, which makes me sick of travel. This year I resolve to travel more often by public transport rather than the private one. Keeping in mind I have made plans to visit some relatives, some friends through our travel diaries. I also plan to secretly take a bag pack someday in the early morning and start to a place which is not thought of and planned for. This is tricky for the mom of two( A man-cub and a furry bud) but I am thrilled by the idea.
Travel for us (my husband and me) means traveling with our not yet two-year-old offspring and the furry buddy. So planning well is the most important aspect of our travel. We have to plan well before any step into the wanderland. I resolve to take tours with family in the coming year and one trip would be with our close friends. Afterall what is life without your dearest people?
Once a year go someplace you have never been before-Dalai Lama
So without wasting any further time, I would like to share the travel destinations for us this year.
- Vellore:- The place is at a distance of 140 km from Chennai, India. We plan to visit our relatives here. A visit to Vellore is incomplete without visiting the famous Golden Temple, and Narayani Temple. A 16th-century site Vellore fort is also enticing me to visit. You should know that the fort houses Jalakandeswarar temple which is devoted to Lord Shiva. The fort is a site which is controlled by the Archaeological Survey of India. Hope to enjoy this tour with the warmth of our kith and kins.
- Kancheepuram:- If you are in love with the Indian attire SILK SAREES, then Kancheepuram district which is at 75 km from Chennai, India is a place you should visit. Visit Goddess Kamakshi Amman temple and the famous Varadharaj Perumal Temple. We wish to cover the Ekambareshwar temple and also the Shri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham to seek the blessings of Shri Shankaracharya during our tour here. Lots of shopping is the only plan here.
- Madurai:- Madurai is on my list for its famous “Meenakshi Ammal Temple”. After Madurai, I plan to visit Sri Velliputtur. Sri Velliputtur houses a beautiful temple which is dedicated to one of the main saints of Lord Vishnu- Saint Andal. If you are an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu then the visit to this temple is indeed a must.
- Tanjore:– I am eagerly waiting to visit the Brihadeeswara Temple which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its architectural excellence. Tanjore or Thanjavur is famous for beautiful Tanjore paintings. It is a South style of painting. Many times we also see Gold paintings which give Royal and rich look. These paintings are a must have for every art lover.
- Sri Rameswaram:-This place houses one of the main Shiva Jyotirlingas. This place is of sacred importance to me and so I wish to visit this place. The beachside place which is best suited for spiritual progress. Pamban Bridge, Dhanushkodi Bridge, Rama Setu, Kalam National Memorial, and his burial place are some other main attractions which are on my list this year.
You may call this plan a temple run and it is, of course!