13 Apr 5 Must-Read Books in Lockdown
Hello, I hope you all are doing good. Sending loads of love and prayers across. In India, here we are going into the next phase of lockdown which would be for another 15 days till April 30th. This time is to introspect and understand that this situation is not permanent. People before us have gone through the same in different conditions and they have come out stronger. On a lighter note, it is a good time to watch a lot of television and read books. Here is a list of 5 must-read books.
- Diary of a Young Girl: Anne Frank
- Anne Frank has written about her time during the second world war. Her days of solitary confinement and how she was trying to cope up with the situation. If you do not have the book you can get it on Amazon Kindle.
- Little Women
- Written by Louisa May Alcott, this book is a must-read to understand the civil war issues and how people lived during those times.
- The Great Expectations
- Charles Dickens is known for his literary works. The great expectations is the best book to read during lockdown times, mostly because it shows how Pip, the main character leads his life to realize that happiness is everything.
- War and Peace
- The book is written by Leo Tolstoy and is termed as one of his best literary works. It has a background of the French Invasion of Russia. Though it is a long read it is worth the time.
- A Man Called Ove
- Frederick Backman is at his best in this book. Not based on any war or similar situation, this is a simple story of a man who loses his wife and how he comes to terms with it slowly.
These 5 books are available on kindle if you do not have them already. They say books transcend you into a different world. In this lockdown period, they certainly are the best to be with.