Hello there, I hope you all are doing great. We are just on the brink of the end of lockdown in India. The weather is getting warmer in most parts of India. The lockdown was quite a journey. Most of us have been instrumental in improving immunity while we are given the privilege to take care of our health.
Those who aim at weight loss here are some simple summer drinks that you can try. You can add sugar or skip it, you can also add little salt because most of these drinks can be sweet or savory. These are very very simple recipes you can try.
- Lemon honey drink:
- Squeeze half a lemon in water, add honey as per taste, mix it well. Lemon is known for its detox properties along with honey it acts as a diuretic, is great for hair. If you drink it warm, it soothes the sore throat.
- Adding cinnamon will enhance the taste and boost the insulin function aiding weight loss.
- Cumin and water drink
- A very commonly used to drink in India for summers but you can also try this for weight loss because Cumin boosts metabolism aiding weight loss. Mix cumin powder with cold water, add lemon, black salt. Whisk with some mint leaves. Your Jaljeera or Cumin Drink is ready.
- If you are using dairy, take some curd or yogurt, add some cumin powder, black salt, and whisk it in a blender with some water. You can also add some finely chopped cilantro, raw mango, and mint. Your cooler is ready which can also serve as a simple mid-noon snack.
- Raw Mango Drink
- Eating seasonal fruits is never out of fashion. Raw mango drink is quite popular as a cooler and if you add some cumin, cilantro, and mint it becomes a weightloss drink. Take a raw mango, boil and take out the pulp, mix the pulp with black salt, cumin, and some water, whisk it. Top it with cumin and cilantro to give a tasty boost.
- Triphala Drink
- We have already written enough about how Triphala helps weight loss, improves your gut bacteria, and helps digestion. It is also good for the eyes. Mix Triphala powder with water and some lemon and your drink is ready. Little pungent in taste but it is good for health.
Weight loss or not these drinks can be taken during summers for their cooling properties. If you are adding sugar, have them as your post workout drink. If it is savory, then use it as a snack in the afternoon. You will not regret. 🙂
Here is our Triphala post