12 May Every Summer Has a Story
As much as people disgrace summer for the heat, children
love to spend their time without any timetable, books, teachers and school 🙂 Each one of us have been through this wonderful phase of our lives “ Childhood”. Summer is the time to relive these memories time and again. While I face the scorching heat while on roads, these beautiful memories make me nostalgic.
Here are some of my very special summer memories:
- Waking up to the cuckoo’s coo, a typical morning alarm in India during summers
- The opening of the carton of Alphonso mangoes specially brought from Nagpur
- The breakfast of Aamras and roti. Topping aamras with ghee every single time before binging.
- Indoor games with cousines like carrom, rummy, chess and now pallanguzhi
- Filling water in cooler making it ready for hot and scorching summer afternoons.
- Making of pickles, aam panna, appalam and papads
- Relaxing on the lazy evening sipping on aam panna
- Playing with water for hours together, to beat the heat
- Reading champak, chanda mama, tinkle, chacha choudhary and saboo’s shenanigans.
- The red hot petals of Gulmohar and Blushing Bahava or Yellow Bells
- Evenings on the beach, eating candy floss
These are just some of them, I am sure you may be having many to add.
Let us know what are your favorite summer memories? Comment below.