The term Clean Eating is quite misleading. Most of us have grown through the years with something which we felt healthy all this while. It is important to understand what is termed at Healthy years ago may not be healthy for you now as per the age. As we age the definition of health changes. When you are a kid, you would be having food as per your nutrient requirements and according to the growth factors. But as you grow old, things change. They change in such a way that it is utmost important to change the food habits.
What is clean eating?
Clean eating is very subjective, you can go from clean, cleaner and cleanest degrees when you start your clean eating journey. It means not eating any processed food to start with. Slowly, you can refrain from simple carbs and refined sugar. The first step is to not eat anything which is processed or store brought. It includes biscuits and everything which is made in factories such as wafers, chips, chocolates and so on.
How do I go about it?
When you want to lose weight, it is better to take on the changes one by one. It is not good to impose a sudden change onto the body. Try and get one week of challenge of not eating any processed food to start with. Check body’s responses and once it is adjusted to the new change, you can sustain with it.
What are the things to avoid when you are eating clean?
- Refined flour
- Refined Sugar
- Biscuits (Made with refined flour)
- Red meat
Things to embrace for clean eating
- Whole Grains
- Milk and Milk Products ( Unless you are vegan)
Living without any store brought food can be very challenging but with perseverance you can always get along. If you feel it is not worth the effort, check the benefits:
- Weight loss
- With no snacking around, you tend to lose weight. Snacks add on unnecessary calories.
- High Energy Levels
- It is said that refined sugar and other foodstuff create a different hormone response than clean eating. You often have high energy levels after clean eating
- Money Saving
- You save a lot of money, as outdoor orders are minimal. You can keep one cheat meal for a week but then you can save a lot of money spending on restaurant orders.
I find clean eating more liberating as it is easy to lose weight with it. All you need is just some determination. Let us know if you would like to take part in 7 Day Challenge.
Check out our workout posts here.