17 Apr Top 5 mistakes you should avoid toning the post partum belly
Hello, I hope you all are doing good. Post partum Belly is a matter of worry for most of us Women. Those ladies who have been flaunting flat belly before their pregnancy, actually receive a shock when the belly protrudes like 5-6 month pregnant belly. Body shaming is one more issue that most of us face.
Working on Post Partum Belly
While working on your postpartum belly it is always good to understand that no matter what it is your body that has helped you give birth to your bundle of joy. Accept your body and appreciate it, then only it will respond better to your workout regime.
Here are 5 mistakes that are standing between you and your toned postpartum belly
- Many of us do this mistake of doing numerous crunches hoping that the tummy will tone down. The truth is that you can tone your tummy without many crunches. Just keep it as a part of your working out and it will do the trick. Anything in excess leads to nothing.
Not checking for diastasis recti
- Diastasis recti is a condition where the stomach muscles are separated from their original position. Diastasis recti can be cured with some basic exercises like Mutu System, but you can not do the crunches in this condition.
Avoiding weight training
- Weight training tones overall muscles. It prevents the sagging of skin. It is important to train your body muscles with weight to prevent muscle atrophy. If you want to tone your tummy, strength training at least 3 days a week is necessary.
Eating late-night dinners
- As they say, abs are made in the kitchen, it is important to watch the timing of your food intake. Post evening body slows down and it does not digest the food which is ingested so it is better to refrain eating late-night heavy lunches. If you can not avoid just have a token dinner like some cooked salad or a nice vegetable soup.
- Side plank, and normal planks are way effective for toning down the abdominal muscles as well as love handles. Avoiding planks in your workout regime is one of the biggest mistakes that you are doing if you want to tone the post partum belly.
We all make mistakes but it is important to know them and to rectify them. Being consistent with your workouts and food regime is utmost necessary to lose that postpartum belly.
Thank you for reading. Here are our weight loss series that you might want to check.
MelodiePosted at 02:52h, 30 April
Thanks for the mention! We have great instructions on when you can do crunches and exactly how to help heal diastasis recti.
adminPosted at 08:15h, 30 April
Most welcome. Yes, I might have missed that. Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.