30 Apr Bed Time Care Rituals To Sleep Better
The lock down has been overwhelming, for all of us. Nights are usually more anxious in the lock down. Our health is paramount at this time and we are doing what we can to stay sane. From boosting immunity to working out, most of us are making the most of these days. But the anxiety still looms making it hard to sleep at night. Here are some simple tips which are tried and tested in Ayurveda.
- It is always good to take a nice hot water bath before sleep. You can add eucalyptus oil to water to relieve body pain. Oil massage before bathing is also a good idea. But if you do not like the oily skin post-bath, it is ok to skip.
- Turmeric Milk:
- Keep a nice warm cup of turmeric milk once you are done with a bath. Turmeric is a healer, it relieves any throat pain and milk is a complete food. Adding pepper to turmeric milk enhances its properties.
- Ghee/ Clarified butter on feet:
- Massaging your soles with clarified butter, coconut oil or ghee is a noted practice in Ayurveda, known as Pada- Feet Abhyangam ( Cleansing). It soothes and relaxes the sensory system. The benefits of Foot Massage before bed are amazing.
- Putting some oil/ ghee in the naval
- This is an age-old method that helps to boost all vital organs of the body.
- Usually, journalling helps during bedtime but in case you do not want to write, saying a prayer that you like is a good practice as it takes off unnecessary anxiety from the mind and relaxes the body.
With the above ritual, you will fall asleep like a baby and without any anxiety. Milk will make sure that you wake up fresh in the morning without any lethargy.
Let us know if you try…