12 Apr 5 Ways to Calm Anxiety In Lockdown
I hope you all are doing good. Safe and Sound. We bring you some tips to release your anxiety in this post.
The lockdown has been happening worldwide for our good and to stop the spread of #covid19. This has never happened before and we hope it never happens again. While we are in the lockdown, and in India it is 18th day, it is taxing to be home all the time with all that news floating around on the television. Media is of utmost importance and so is news. We know every bit of the information about what all is happening on earth because of media but the overdose of something is not good for health. Speaking about health, many people have resorted to workouts which is a really good thing. Boosting the level of endorphins while in confinement is certainly a great job but as we are passing this lockdown, day by day a kind of anxiety is creeping in. Here are some ways which would help you wade off the anxiety.
- Breathing helps to calm down anxiety quickly. If you feel anxious, just try and breathe deep. 3-2-1 inhale 3-2-1 exhale should be the pattern.
- Releasing your anxiety
- Facing your anxiety heads on is one good way to reduce it. Just go for a home workout in these days of lockdown, listen to some music and get that dance moves in. The release of endorphins helps to calm the body and thoughts down.
- Listening to music
- Music is said to be the greatest stress and anxiety buster. Whenever you feel anxious about a situation just tune into your favorite songs. It would not only bring your anxiety level down but also would calm and relax you.
- Journal it / Write it
- If something is bothering you, just write it down on a piece of paper and tear it off if you do not need to revisit the feeling. But if you want to see it again, journal it. Write what is bothering you and how are you planning to face it. Sometimes our thoughts and anxieties are not even worth jotting down. 🙂
- Grab a snack
- If none of the above works, that surely means that your body needs some fuel to think through the situation. Get some healthy snacks. Try and devour every bite of it. Most anxieties calm down post a proper snack or a small meal.
These were 5 simple ways to bring down your anxiety levels. Have you tried any of it yet? Let us know. To read some of our workout related posts, check the below link
Kat SturtzPosted at 02:54h, 12 April
Excellent advice. I, personally, don’t suffer from anxiety, but I know far too many who do. They’d all benefit from taking your suggestions to heart.
Nancy SmithPosted at 03:00h, 12 April
GREAT post!!!! I have made each one of the things you mentioned a part of my daily routine for years now. I shouldn’t have the snacks, but as long as they are healthy – who cares! LOL
I am a crafter and music is always on…hardly ever the tv.