28 Mar Top 3 Weight Loss Smoothies You Should Try
Weight loss occurs when calories which we consume are less than the calories which we expend.
In short,weight loss= calories in < calories out This is simplified equation. But practically losing weight is a daunting task. what can be done to ease this process? We can try different types of food and check out from our experience whether it aids the process or goes against it. What helps is that we can try many different types of food groups and check whether they are supporting the weight loss process. Lately, Smoothies are on the block, especially weight loss smoothies. So, let us look at what these weight loss smoothies are and how they help get more nutrients and fibre.
Weight Loss Smoothie Nutrition:
It is said that these smoothies are quite nutrient dense and including them in your diet may help curbing the hunger hence promoting weight loss. But it is easier said than done.
When to have weight loss smoothies?
Breakfast is the best time to load up the nutrients in your system so that the body gets enough time to process it. It is not recommended to have smoothies post lunch.
Here are some good smoothie combinations:
Apple, Banana Almond Smoothie:
Here fruits are included with nuts and you can use your favourite nut milk or skimmed milk for blending. You can also skip milk if you wish.
- Apples are good for weight loss. Low calories with low sodium and fat apple is the best fruit to be added to your breakfast smoothie. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals and ample amounts of fibre.
- Bananas are rich in potassium has resistant starch with fibre, aiding weight loss
- Almonds are all the rage nowadays. Rich in omega 3 fatty acids almonds maintain and lower our Body Mass Index.
Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie:
- Loaded with Beta Carotene carrots are good for your skin and eyes.
- Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric shoot is antiseptic in nature, and also helps to curb common infections boosting immunity.
- You can add a little bit of yogurt to give a touch of smoothie here.
Oats Banana Smoothie with Cinnamon
- Oats have low fat and low carbohydrate nutritional profile which is perfect for weight loss
- Banana as stated above helps digestion with ample amount of fibre and is loaded with potassium
- Cinnamon can be used for flavouring and is known for immunity boosting properties.
While choosing smoothies it is important to consider the nutritional profile of the ingredients that you are putting in. Using more than 2 fruits at a time is not recommended for weight loss due to the sugar content. All types of greens are not compatible with all fruits, so we need to be careful about choosing our greens for making smoothies.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.