Morning rituals can definitely catapult your life to another level. Especially during this lockdown period. The three benefits of forming a morning ritual are
- It gives you a purpose to wake up in the morning.
- Clarity of thoughts
- Sense of achievement over a period of time.
It is very important to understand what is the difference between a ritual and a routine. Routine is the set of activities you choose to do every day in the same or different order. Whereas when the same activity is done repeatedly for a larger good and with a bigger purpose it becomes a ritual.
We all have different purposes in life. Our vision and our missions in life will play an important role in deciding on our rituals. What do we want at the end of our lockdown period?
What is it that we have been procrastinating for long for the want of time?
When you get closer to these answers, you have to work upon your goals.
Jotting down long term and short term goals is an effective way to achieve them. You may also spend some time visualizing the end of lockdown and picturizing yourself at that moment. You may become thin or you may add on those stubborn pounds to yourself. The choice is left to you.
Here is a list of some morning rituals you may want to choose from depending upon your goals.
- Waking up to journal writing/goal setting: This theory involves setting up your goals as the first thing in the morning. With this, you run the day and not vice versa
- Doing something that you love – Exercising, meditating, watering the plants, going for a jog, prayers, music, dance or some reading. Here are some of our blog posts that you might like http://www.the5ammommy.com/increase-stamina-5-simple-steps/
- Expression of Gratitude- Practising gratitude definitely keeps your mind calm and you are ready to take on the world by your side. As you know that you are blessed to have one more day in your life.
Remember, you can practice these morning rituals every day, every single morning. But in case you slip off, on any day, don’t feel bad. Pick up yourself and start moving on.
You can add more structured plan to this. I can’t stay in the four squares all the time and so I keep it a little easy going for me.
Hope you find the post useful. Stay safe and indoors.